Saturday, February 15, 2014

Can anybody help me and write a few quotes from Macbeth about the responsibility of Duncans murder?

Well, you can have a good look at these excerpts:


a) "..........why do I yield to that suggestion


Whose horrid image doth unfix my hair


And make my seated heart knock at my ribs


Against the use of nature?" (Macbeth) [act1 sc.3]


b) "                The raven himself is hoarse


That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan


Under my battlements." (Lady Macbeth) [act1 sc.5]


c)  " .............He's here in double trust.


First, as I am his kinsman and his subject,


Strong both against the deed; then, as his host,


Who should against his murderer shut the door,


Not bear the knife myself." (Macbeth) [act1 sc.7]


d)  "                 When Duncan is asleep--


......................his two chamberlains


Will I with wine and wassail so convince,


That memory shall be fume..................


What cannot you and I perform upon


The unguarded Duncan?" (Lady Macbeth) [act1 sc.7]


e)  " There's daggers in men's smiles: the near in blood,


The nearer bloody." (Donalbain) [act2 sc.3]


f)  " Thou hast it now: King, Cawdor, Glamis, all,


As the weird women promis'd, and I fear


Thou play'dst most foully for 't." (Banquo) [act3 sc.1]


Hopefully, you can find many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment