Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What are some quotes from Macbeth to support the idea that Macbeth has free will?I'm writing a paper on how the play is an example of a...

Here are a few quotes that reveal that Macbeth does have free will:


"if chance will have me King, why chance may crown me / Without my stir" (I, iii, 143-145)


" Stars, hide your fires; / Let not light see my black and deep desires" (I, iv, 50-510).


"I have no spur / To prick the sides of my intent, but only / Vaulting ambition" (I, vii, 25-27).


"I dare do all that may become a man: / Who dares do more is none" (I, vii, 47-48).


"I am settled, and bend up / Each corporal agent to this terrible feat. (I, vii, 79-80).


"The bell invites me. / Hear it not, Duncan, for it is a knell / That summons thee to heaven, or to hell" (II, i, 62-64)


"To be thus is nothing, but to be safely thus / Our fears in Banquo stick deep" (III, i, 48-49).

No comments:

Post a Comment