Thursday, October 18, 2012

What does the teacher mean when they say "the significance of the quote"?I wrote an on The Merchant of Venice and I didn't do to bad 74%. The...

If you would like a really good answer, you should give us an example of your thesis and one of the quotes (and everything you said about the quote) so we could really give you feedback based on actual knowledge.  Since you haven't done that, I'll give it a try, but it won't be as good.


From what you say, I suspect that your teacher wants you to actually go ahead and spell out the connection between the quote and your thesis.  It sounds like maybe you're assuming "well, I know what I'm saying so the teacher will too."  But the teacher probably wants to see you prove that you see the connection between the quote and the thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment