Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What are the issues and barriers to the adoption of technology to enhance education?List 3 issues and 3 barriers. Please describe them also.

What are the issues and barriers to the adoption of technology to enhance education?


Issues to address are many but some of the main issues would be the paradigm of belief that face to face brick and mortar schooling is the best kind of education. There are technical issues with peoples computer understanding but I feel this is not an issue for most of the youth of today only those stuck in the old paradigm of belief that technology and Internet learning is not as good or better than brick and mortar. Financial issues about the cost of technologies to enhance learning are also an issue with the current economy and in general schools have to maintain a budget and sometimes there is not enough to purchase the needed equipment.


Technology has taken some major leaps in the last few decades and I believe that there will be progress towards technology being a more accepted way of getting an education. I am an example of that, I went to a brick and mortar school for my first two years and completed my first, second and almost done with my third degree from on-line schools. I am just completing my PhD in Clinical Psychology and recieved my MBA and Bachelors degree on-line.


I believe I have received a better education than I was receiving in a brick and mortar environment. The problem and barrier is in changing attitudes and principles of belief in terms of technology in education. Once the paradigm of belief in different technologies being acceptable means of teaching the changes will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment