Monday, December 21, 2015

Equal pay for equal work? Do employers have a right to hire and give raises at whatever rate the employee is willing to work?No

That is a great question. I can understand see both sides of the equation, but I lean towards the "no" answer. Let me give my rationale.


1. This would give too much power to corporations and on the flip side, the people would have little rights. If corporations are allowed to give whatever they want, as long as people are willing to work for it, then people who are down and out may work for very little. This is not fair. Corporations, then, would only be exploiting a bad situation.


2. I would also say that the government is also sort of on board with this logic. There is a minimum wage to protect people.


In short, we need to protect people, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment