Saturday, March 31, 2012

So is one to preach only the kind side of God's love and exclude the parts of His Word showing our sinful side to help us face it and seek...

As far as I can tell, the issue is that your theology is different than mine in a number of ways.


For me, the Old Testament vision of a wrathful God does not make sense (in terms of what I think God should be like) and therefore I don't accept it.  This comes of me not believing that the Bible is the literal revealed word of God as you probably do.  It is for this same reason that I do not believe in all the stuff from Revelation -- the Rapture, the trials and tribulations, etc.


Second, I would hope that I could be motivated to do what's right by my desire to be a good person and NOT by my fear of eternal hellfire.  That's one reason I don't believe in that vision of hell.  I don't want my kids to behave because they're afraid I'll beat them -- I want them to behave because they know it's the right thing to do.


So I guess the major difference is that you are (I assume) Bible-believing while I am much more inclined to see the Bible as something written by ancient people and to take what seems logical (to my mind) from it and leave the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment